Legacy Dentistry: Affordable Dental Implants in Chantilly, VA
Considering dental implants in Chantilly, VA? Contact our team at Legacy Dentistry at (703) 378-5600 today for a free consultation and an individually customized treatment plan.
Dental implants are an ideal solution if you are missing one or more teeth. Implants have two parts: a biocompatible metal screw or frame and a custom-made crown that perfectly mimics the look and function of a natural tooth.
At Legacy Dentistry, we offer our patients in Chantilly, VA, several types of dental implants, including:
- Endosteal implants
- Subperiosteal implants
- all-on-four implants
Endosteal implants, or single-tooth implants, are the most common dental implant. Each implant consists of a screw-shaped titanium placeholder post inserted into the jawbone and a ceramic or porcelain crown fitted over it.
This type of implant delivers an excellent, long-lasting functional and aesthetic result while preventing bone density loss in your jaw. Endosteal implants are a suitable solution if you:
- Have enough jawbone to provide a secure basis for the implant
- Have generally satisfactory oral health
- Are a non-smoker
Solutions for Reduced Jawbone Density
Suppose you are interested in a permanent endosteal implant but don’t have enough jawbone to support a placeholder post. In that case, we may suggest a bone grafting procedure, a sinus lift, or a ridge expansion to promote increased jawbone mass and prepare your jaw for the implant.
Bone grafting involves taking bone from another area of your body and grafting it to the part of your jawbone that needs to hold the implant. You will need to wait until the bone graft heals and fuses to get an implant, which can take several months.
What to Expect from an Endosteal Implant Procedure
An endosteal implant procedure typically involves:
- Preparing for the procedure. The process starts with your initial consultation, including X-rays to help our dentist establish an optimal placement for the implant and evaluate your jaw bone.
- Installing the implant. Our dentist will insert the titanium post into your jawbone. Much like a bone graft, it will take several months for the surrounding bone to heal and integrate with the placeholder post fully. We can fit you with a temporary crown as a quick aesthetic and functional fix during this time.
- Permanent crown placement. Once the implant has thoroughly grafted with the surrounding jawbone, you are ready for a permanent crown that will function just like a natural tooth with no additional treatment.
If you are missing all or most of your natural teeth, consider an all-on-four implant. While a single-tooth implant uses a separate titanium screw to support each crown, an all-on-four procedure only requires four strategically placed implants per dental arch, either top or bottom. The implants support permanent natural-looking dentures.
An all-on-four implant procedure offers numerous benefits, such as:
- A less invasive, more affordable option compared to a single-tooth procedure
- Quick full-mouth aesthetic and functional restoration
- Lower chances of needing a bone graft for a successful implant
- Permanent, stable, and low-maintenance solution
After Implant Installation: Recovery and Care
Some pain, swelling, and minor bleeding are normal after an implant procedure. With short-term OTC pain medication use, you will likely be able to resume your routine within a day or two.
All permanent dental implant options provide an effective, long-lasting, and functional solution to tooth loss. With daily oral care, a crown can easily last 15 years and more before it needs replacement. In addition, the implant screw usually lasts a lifetime.
Schedule an Appointment for Dental Implants in Chantilly Today
Tooth loss can lead to impaired oral function, low self-esteem, and compromised quality of life no matter how old you are. Our professional, experienced, and caring team at Legacy Dentistry can help you restore your smile with minimum pain and maximum efficiency.
To schedule a consultation for dental implants or other tooth replacement options, call us at (703) 378-5600 today. We look forward to seeing you at the Legacy Dentistry clinic in Chantilly, VA.